Tuesday, 26 April 2016

Unimog Attachment - Cherry Picker (Aerial Bucket)

Unimog Attachment - Cherry Picker (Aerial Bucket)
Over the past few weeks I have been working on another Unimog attachment, this is a Cherry Picker (Aerial Bucket) which mounts to the rear of LEGO Technic set 8110.

A couple of years ago I designed and built an "Off Road Unimog Aerial Bucket Truck", a video of this can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oMTHVKWQRg

Based on my experience for this I decided to try and build a suitable attachment for the Unimog. 

Below are some photos of the end result, it features:
- Lifting of the bucket / arm: This is by the black handle on the side of the turn table. This drives via two gears the large LA.
- Rotation of the bucket / arm: This is driven off the rear PTO via three gears to the turn table.
- Manual lowering of the stabilizers: These are need to keep it level when it is rotating.

I spent a lot on time on getting the arm to raise and lower how I wanted, to achieve the maximum lifting height while still lowering down to roof height for transporting. I had originally wanted to have the stabilizers lowered via a small LA on each side but found this didn't work how I wanted so I went back to having this as a manual function.  

Overall I am very happy with how this has turned out.



















No comments:

Post a Comment