Monday, 6 July 2015

Why LEGO Technic is the perfect hobby (for me at least)

Over the past 17 years “hobbies” have been a major issue for me. As a child and in to my early teenage years my hobby was LEGO / LEGO Technic, as a late teenager and in to my 20's I became heavy involved in the radio scanning hobby, which lead me to UHF CB and then to me obtaining my amateur radio ticket (ex VK7FPGB) which I let lapse about 8 years ago due to a lack of time / equipment and a location suitable to do this. I was heavily involved in both the radio scanning / Ultralight DXing hobbies, I have left both for much the same reasons, they are very much fringe hobbies and not many people are in to them, it makes finding like minded people hard.

I have recently returned to LEGO Technic and have found the LEGO Technic hobby to be a really good fit for me; this is for a number of reasons as it combines a number of my previous interests in to one hobby:

Technical:
I have a passion for anything technical, LEGO Technic allows me to explore this in new and different ways. When I am able to build I do, the rest of the time I can “get my LEGO fix” via online forums and groups. I also spend a lot of time thinking about ideas and planning my builds.

Photography:
I really enjoy taking photos of my LEGO Technic and sharing this via my blog and on various forums and groups.

Writing:
I enjoy writing blog posts and sharing what I am doing online.

LEGO Technic is the perfect hobby for me, it combines a number of my interests and it has been one of the main reasons I have been able to drag myself out from my illness and become the person who I used to be again.

No comments:

Post a Comment